• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

MONKEYMOO COURT CLAIM THREAD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recived a Claim Form from Lowell Solicitors -

hi, hope someone here can help me.

I received a letter last week from county court business centre. 2 weeks before I sent a CCA request to howard cohen and co with the £1 statutory fee explaining in bold this was not to be used for the alleged debt and must be returned forthwith. I got a letter from Robinson way saying they have allocated the £1 to the alleged debt despite me telling them not to. Fast forward and now I have the CCJ request. The money I think is for a loan or credit card, after looking at my credit report this morning it seem I have 2 other CCJ's unbeknown to me for other debt that my ex and I were joint holders, I haven't spoken to him in over 5 years so I'm assuming he has gone bankrupt and i have been given the CCJ. I am thinking after burying me head in the sand for over 5 years i need to sort this out, the way i see it is i have 2 option do an IVA or save up and declare bankruptcy for all the debts I'm worried that even if i pay £1 a month i would be seen as favouring a creditor if i did eventually declare myself bankrupt.. what would happen in the mean time for the pending CCJ? i have very little disposable income and a 0 hour contract so my wages are up and down. please help, i really do not know what to do or where to go next, the issue date was the 10th and i haven't responded yet.

Comment

Originally posted by monkeymoo View Post
      hi, hope someone here can help me.

I received a letter last week from county court business centre. 2 weeks before I sent a CCA request to howard cohen and co with the £1 statutory fee explaining in bold this was not to be used for the alleged debt and must be returned forthwith. I got a letter from Robinson way saying they have allocated the £1 to the alleged debt despite me telling them not to. Fast forward and now I have the CCJ request. The money I think is for a loan or credit card, after looking at my credit report this morning it seem I have 2 other CCJ's unbeknown to me for other debt that my ex and I were joint holders, I haven't spoken to him in over 5 years so I'm assuming he has gone bankrupt and i have been given the CCJ. I am thinking after burying me head in the sand for over 5 years i need to sort this out, the way i see it is i have 2 option do an IVA or save up and declare bankruptcy for all the debts I'm worried that even if i pay £1 a month i would be seen as favouring a creditor if i did eventually declare myself bankrupt.. what would happen in the mean time for the pending CCJ? i have very little disposable income and a 0 hour contract so my wages are up and down. please help, i really do not know what to do or where to go next, the issue date was the 10th and i haven't responded yet.
      This thread?
      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...540#post701540
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        yes this one.

Comment

yes this one.
          Have you acknowledged the court claim yet?

I'll ask (nicely) if [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] can merge these posts with your other thread. (above link)
          CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
          Phelps, C. C.

Comment

i haven't as of yet acknowledged no

Comment

need to do it now

Comment

i have until the 24th, is it advisable to do it ASAP? then how long do I have to do my defence. To make mater worse, I have to go abroad for my sisters funeral end of the month for 2 weeks. so I'm hoping to send my defence or whatever I need to send before, I'm guessing howard will take 2 weeks to reply. so I will be back before I have to send any more documents, do I include my letter to howard and the letter from robinson saying they cashed the £1 even though I stipulated not to, I agree I own the debt, but I disagree with the letter of default, and the fact I have requested information yet they have not replied

Comment

submit i day before by 4 p.m. then the other side have no time to respond to it at that point

- - - Updated - - -

they will have 28 days to respond if not gets stayed

cashing the £1.00 o.k. as long as they not put it onto the account as a payment, if so keep the letter handy say nothing for now.

- - - Updated - - -
                  [MENTION=42011]Nem[/MENTION]sis45

Comment

the acknowledgment or defence? and what do I send in my defence

- - - Updated - - -

they have put the £1 as payment i recevied a letter from Robinson way saying they have even though i sent the letter to howard cohen and co

Comment

acknowledge is priority the defence as stated above later

- - - Updated - - -

keep that letter about the £1.00 mis appropriated - keep quiet about it for now.

Comment

You need to acknowledge the court claim within 19 days of the court claim issue form (N1)
                        14 days + 5 allowed for postal service of claim.

That is the danger of posting on other people's threads, or having multiple threads of your own if the same issue.
                        The whole thing becomes disjointed & vital info can be overlooked.
                        CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                        Phelps, C. C.

Comment

thank you, but where and how do I start defending this? I was hoping that my letter to Howard would of bought me a bit of time whilst I decide IVA or bankruptcy

Comment

If you don't acknowledge the claim asap, the rest (re this claim) is not going to matter much.
                            CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                            Phelps, C. C.

Comment

okay thank you. I'm just really worried and unsure of what to do after I acknowledge? How to even start!

Comment

okay thank you. I'm just really worried and unsure of what to do after I acknowledge? How to even start!
                                Let us know when acknowledged & back on track.
                                We can then look further.
                                CAVEAT LECTOR

Cohen, Herb

gets his brain a-going.
                                Phelps, C. C.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X