• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

County court claim forms

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: County court claim forms

Originally posted by warwick65 View Post
    Hi again

The due date for filing your defence is 33 days from the date of the claim form so if as you said it is 27th June it would be 30th July which just happens to be a Sunday ( the day i go on my jollies) so it would be 4pm 31st July ( But put 30th on your letter)
    Thank you ive sent all forms they should of had them today ill check later and print copys of delivery. So do i wait for the solictor to reply now.

Comment

Yes that is really all you can do for now. Sit and wait

Comment

Hi ive finally had a response dont quiet understand what they mean i sent the letters as i should. Ive attached the letters from solicitor and arrow.
        Attached Files

Comment

Bog standard response from Arrow but @charitynjw pointed out, he has never heard of that letter being sent when a solicitor is involved

A word of warning- nothing is on hold and you still need to follow the court timeline for filing your defence etc

Just to add, they are the creditor and have rights and duties - there is case law to back that up. If they are not the creditor then they could not bring the claim

Comment

What should i do next for the best?

Comment

Not much to do i don't think than start to work on your defence which is due 30th July.

Comment

What should i do for defence if i havent got the documents from them

Comment

Originally posted by Stuarte View Post
                  What should i do for defence if i havent got the documents from them
                  If you use one of the template defences up at the top of the page where you lay out what requests were sent and what has not been received

So for example no default notice received
                  No response to your CCA request therefore un enforceable

have a look at see what you think, post a draft up (minus identifiable bits) and tag maybe me, charitynjw and amethyst etc who i am sure will cast their eyes over it

Comment

Ok i will do this thank you. Should i be replying to the solicitors letter? How come the solicitor is saying they dont have to supply the original agreement is this true is this what they normally do?

Comment

In response to a ss77 to 79 CCA request, the creditor can provide a reconstituted agreement, provided that it is accurate.
                      Carey v HSBC Bank plc (2009)
                      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                      gets his brain a-going.
                      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Hi done a defence frome the example can someone have a look please.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi
                          You may want to think about point 4

I am not sure why you are denying you had an agreement with the claimant- isn't that a given as you later go on to say the account has been assigned ?
                          Maybe it would help if you actually admitted to having had financial dealings with M&S- shows a bit of integrity

Did AG deny they were the creditors - sorry I haven't looked back- if they did it may be worth putting that in your defence . If they are not the creditor how can they bring a claim?

Point 13- did you ask AG or their solicitor for an extension- your defence says AG? just want you to be covered

Under the assignment point I would add something along the lines of 'it is denied the claimant has any right to bring a claim and is put to strict proof of that right by disclosing the Deed of Assignment

Comment

hi thank you i've changed them points think i've done it right i've attached it also should i add on there that i don't think they were the original person it was assigned too?.
                            Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                            See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                            X