• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Selling my tenanted property with vacant possession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Selling my tenanted property with vacant possession

Probably not because it is given to you on the express condition that it cannot be used for any arrears. It's not a nice world.

Comment

looks like I am totally scuppered then.. the tenancy was taken out so long ago.. I just want my house back and remove this stress

Comment

Just a small update, housing officer called me this morning and again was very helpful in some respects. It seems the tenant wont challenge my section 21 but will wait for the repossession order which is what I pretty much expected . Section 21 ends sept10th so I can apply straight away for a possession order .
        I hope I can have some help filling out what I believe to be an N5 form. I am just wondering if the tenant does not defend roughly how long does it take on average from applying to court to eviction and bailiffs ?

Comment

Originally posted by bb41 View Post
          Just a small update, housing officer called me this morning and again was very helpful in some respects. It seems the tenant wont challenge my section 21 but will wait for the repossession order which is what I pretty much expected . Section 21 ends sept10th so I can apply straight away for a possession order .
          I hope I can have some help filling out what I believe to be an N5 form. I am just wondering if the tenant does not defend roughly how long does it take on average from applying to court to eviction and bailiffs ?
          Unfortunately you can't file the application until 10th Sept and you'll have to wait for a hearing date. Once an order is made usually it's 28 days from the date on the order and then after that you would have to make a further application to the court for enforcement, again waiting for a hearing date and order by the court. If you work on 12 weeks from 10th Sept, you probably won't be far off.
          COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by jaguarsuk View Post
            Unfortunately you can't file the application until 10th Sept and you'll have to wait for a hearing date. Once an order is made usually it's 28 days from the date on the order and then after that you would have to make a further application to the court for enforcement, again waiting for a hearing date and order by the court. If you work on 12 weeks from 10th Sept, you probably won't be far off.
            Thank you that was roughly what I thought searching through the internet. I wanted to get the form filled out ready to post on the 11th and to make sure I have filled everything out correctly

Comment

Thank you that was roughly what I thought searching through the internet. I wanted to get the form filled out ready to post on the 11th and to make sure I have filled everything out correctly
              I think pre-completing the form is a very sensible move. When sending it I'd advise using Recorded Delivery to have peace of mind that the court have received it and not been lost in the post.

Edited to add: I'm sure if you fill it out, print it and then send it to the admins with the details of this thread they'll post the form here and someone with better knowledge than I will check it over for you.

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

I think pre-completing the form is a very sensible move. When sending it I'd advise using Recorded Delivery to have peace of mind that the court have received it and not been lost in the post.
                Excellent tip, I'm normally OK with forms but this can't be wrong . Another morning lost on this hassle but more work now means less in the long run

Comment

Excellent tip, I'm normally OK with forms but this can't be wrong . Another morning lost on this hassle but more work now means less in the long run
                  Re: my edit above, a further edit

"I'm sure if you fill it out, print it and then photograph or scan it to send it to the admins with the details of this thread they'll post the form here and someone with better knowledge than I will check it over for you."
                  Last edited by jaguarsuk; 27th July 2017, 11:33:AM.

Comment

Re: my edit above

"I'm sure if you fill it out, print it and then send it to the admins with the details of this thread they'll post the form here and someone with better knowledge than I will check it over for you."
                    Thanks just printed it out so I have the template , need to re-ink the printer for the real one but apart from making more visible the strike through areas I think I have done it . I downloaded the guide from RLA which had step by step instructions

Comment

Nothing is ever straight forward, housing officer has found the tenancy agreement and as the council paid one months rent in advance that does come under "deposit" now what do I do ?
                      The arrears are over 2k but who do I pay the deposit back to , the tenant who didn't pay it or back to the council who did pay it and will I have to serve section 21 again ?

Comment

Housing officer came good again.. as long as I repay the deposit which I have they are now issuing me with a bond ... I have to re-issue a section 21 but thankfully only a delay of just over 2 weeks ...phew !!

Comment

Hi

I would do a number of actions in relation to notice for them, cut down there options. Formal notice as well as section 21,

If they looking to be rehoused, ask the housing officer if they can assist ( just done this for us, with a drunk in a flat )
                          Also, still not sure you can serve section 21 that fast unless deposit is protected, and that takes a few week, although the TTs might not know that.

quite a bit changed last year around the notices so would need to read up and check first. will add to this later.
                          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

After a long conversation with the HO even though the housing minister said that forcing LL's to go through until bailiff action shouldn't be par for the course she said that is still the case .If it's a straight forward S21 then at least the tenant will get re-housed which I totally believe the tenant wants .
                            I'm just waiting for a reply now I have paid so not sure how long it will take for the bond to be issued but at least it's done..albeit a delay , it could have been worse

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X