• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pip problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pip problems

I was claiming dla & esa , I was informed that dla was changing to pip . so I had to reapply during this process , I had an assessment (of sorts) and my claim was refused in September . I asked for the mandatory reconsideration , during this time as I no longer received dla or pip my housing benefit and council tax discounts was stopped and I had to pay full rent and council tax because my two grown up children moved back in with us last year . The mandatory reconsideration was also refused . I took my claim to tribunal in July and I was awarded pip and this will be backdated as I now receive pip I am entitled to council tax discount & housing benefit. The council tax discount has been backdated and I will receive the payments I have made back , the housing benefit have informed us that they will not backdate any of the entitlements or payments..
    Iwould like to know if I can claim the money back I have had to pay for rent(nearly £3500)
    Can I recover this from ATOS
    Tags: None

Re: Pip problems

Hi
    Have they given a reason why they will not backdate it and in that I mean legislation?

Comment

they have not given a reason really but say because of a break in the claim it can not be back dated. I have tried to find out about it but all I can find is that it can only be back dated up to 4 weeks or up to 3 months for elderly

Comment

Hi
        Technically there just not have been a break because you won your appeal and it has been backdated.

Have you got the letter saying it will be backdated.

If it were me, I would be emailing the chief exec of the council asking them to look into it. ?Copy in your local councillors and maybe your MP

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X